Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dog Days

Every summer since I was in elementary school, I've always made a huge list of things to do, books to read, people to visit. And I never accomplish most of the things I aim to do. So it continues with this summer. I've been travelling a fair bit, to conference, visiting home, visiting old friends. Thus I have gotten very little done at work, and feel like I am never at home.

I had a hamstring injury in April, and didn't realize how serious it was until June, when I ceased to be capable of playing ultimate. I've been trying to rehab it, but have recently realized that if I ever want to be able to run fast again, I should probably rest it over the winter. So no frisbee for me this season, despite joining an awesome team full of awesome people that I would love to play with. Booo.

Three of our best friends are leaving town for good and starting new jobs elsewhere. They were the first friends we made here, and it's hard to imagine Boulder without them.

You probably shouldn't read this recipe if the thought of beans in baked goods grosses you out.


Black Bean Brownies
  • 1 15-oz can black beans (1 1/2 cups)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 T oil (I used applesauce)
  • 1/4 c cocoa
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line and grease a 8x8 square pan
  2. Blend the beans to bits in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and whiz together.
  3. Pour into pan and bake 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment